Traditional potato bread (or potato farls) is a must have accompaniment for a big Irish fry up. It’s such an easy recipe to follow and perfect for using up cooked potatoes. I love it with crispy bacon and poached eggs. This is the way we make it at home. Feel free to add more seasoning depending on taste. Delish!
Difficulty – Very easy
1 kg cooked potatoes mashed and seasoned
60 grams plain flour
40 grams melted butter (salted or unsalted)
good pinch salt
1. Mix all the ingredients together and form a dough.
2. Knead together on a floured surface.
3. Roll it into a circle about 1/4 inch thick and cut into quarters.
4. Fry in a pan with a knob of butter for about 4 minutes each side, alongside your bacon and eggs. Yum.
- 24 Hours In Belfast (essentialtravel.co.uk)
- Smoked mackerel, ‘slaw and potato farls (gannetandparrot.com)