These brownies are the best I have ever tasted! Ok so self praise is no praise. Give them a go and let me know how you get on. I had never realised how varied brownies can be – from brownies more like chocolate cake to gooey oozy brownies, and a million different ways in between.
Once you have your favourite base recipe you can adapt it to add any number of little extras. Maybe some nuts or raspberries for a little tartness or add extra chocolate drops! Not even I could eat these brownies with extra added chocolate!
My brownies are nice and gooey on the inside with a light crust on top. Yum.
Difficulty – medium
100 grams cocoa powder
250 grams butter
500 grams caster sugar
4 medium lightly beaten eggs
100 grams self raising flour
50 grams coconut (optional – it’s more for the texture)
Icing sugar to dust
1. Heat oven to 180 conventional, 160 fan.
2. Grease a 21cm square tin.
3. Melt the cocoa, butter and sugar in a microwave or over the hob until the butter has melted. Give it a good stir to all the ingredients are combined.
4. Cool slightly while you beat your eggs lightly with a fork.
5. Stir in the eggs, flour and coconut and mix well.
6. Tip it all into your tin and bake for about 45 mins. It will be ready when the top has a nice crust but you can still detect a very slight wobble underneath. If there is no wobble they will still taste great but be a bit less gooey.
7. Here is where you can get more technical. When you remove the brownies from the oven and to stop them cooking any further immediately place your tin in a bowl or sink of very cold water. Only a few millimeters, to come no more than half way up the tin. Do not let the water touch the brownies.
8. Allow the brownies to cool completely in the tray. Do not try to slice or remove them while hot or even warm as they will be too gooey and will stick like no mans business!
9. Once completely cool slice and carefully remove. They should come away nicely once cold.
They freeze wonderfully and quite often when I have the children’s friends and mothers around for tea I pop a couple in the microwave for a minute and serve with ice-cream. Absolutely divine!
Give them a go – you won’t be disappointed.
- Triple chocolate brownies (baconisaveg.wordpress.com)
- Gluten Free Dark Chocolate Brownies (inpursuitofmore.com)
- Chocolate Walnut Brownies & A Happy Mother’s Day (cookingwithshy.wordpress.com)