I’m always pushed for time, so I need quick easy recipes that taste yummy. I was experimenting one day not so long ago with the tonne of mint growing in my garden, and came up with mint chocolate tiffin.
Boy are they nice! If you like mint and chocolate, you will LOVE this little beauty!
Difficulty – Very easy
Mint Chocolate Tiffin
200 grams dark chocolate
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon syrup
4 mint kit kats
8 digestive biscuits
2 tablespoons dried fruit
1 tablespoon of fresh garden mint
Method 1. Melt the butter, syrup and chocolate in a microwave for 1 min at a time. Then stir. Keep doing this until everything is melted together.
2. Blitz up in a food processor the kit kats, digestives and mint until they resemble crumbs.
3. Add the crumbs and dried fruit to the chocolate mix and stir really well. Until everything is thoroughly coated in chocolate.
4. I spooned the mixture into a garden bug mould but you can spoon it into any tray you have available. Make it about half an inch thick. Flatten with the back of your spoon.
5. Optional: You could melt a some white chocolate and cover the top of the tiffin at this stage. I mean, the more chocolate the better … right.
6. Chill for at least an hour, then slice and eat.